The Clinical Director / Manager oversees the residential mental health department, including MH therapists, intern/practicum students, Family Services Department, and the case managers. In addition, this position will also manage mental health program compliance, administration, consult on intakes/admissions, and patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and ensures quality of care for mental health patients, including but not limited to, intake and services coordination, medication management, mental health counselors, trainees and/or interns, Family Services, case management, mental health services, curriculum, and programming.
- Monitors collection of statistical data, including developing tools and compiling results.
- Ensure program curriculum and contract fidelity.
- Implements policies and procedures pertaining to mental health programs and awareness of substance use programming
- Must keep abreast of current WAC requirements for residential treatment and IOP levels of care and implement changes necessary to maintain compliance with current standards.
- Collaborate with internal departments for maintaining patient census and identifies and implements tactical steps to address concerns.
- Conducts ongoing program needs assessments, defines and addresses training issues, and sets goals for mental health programs.
- Participate in chart reviews and audits as required.
- Decrease barriers with other internal programs. Continuously work with and support other departments to create streamlined trauma-informed and evidenced-based practices.
- Act as after-hours and weekend On-call Supervisor in a rotation shared with other assigned Key Recovery staff.
- Demonstrate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all work-related activities. Advocate for inclusion, equity and belonging for all patients and colleagues.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supervises designated staff including hiring, staff evaluations, staff development and performance, staff productivity, staff scheduling and disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Directly supervises the Mental Health Therapists and Master’s level interns, Family Services, and Case Managers, .
- Ensures clinical supervision is provided to credentialed Key Recovery staff.
- Conducts investigations and implements progressive disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Addressing staff and patient complaints and grievances, resolving problems and documenting outcomes within the guidelines of the agency grievance policy.
- Role model appropriate solution-focused and strength-based behavior. Advocate for and demonstrate Key Recovery’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Ensure Key Recovery’s policy and procedures are followed and ensure clinical compliance.
- Will assist with treatment management and oversight when ED of Key Recovery and Life Skills is unable to consult.
- Monitors budget for assigned Mental Health programs to ensure that expenditures stay within allocated limits.
- All other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in related field required (Social work, mental health counseling, psychology) and 3-5 years of higher levels of care such as residential experience or a combination of education and experience that is equivalent. have the credentials and experience to be a WA state Approved Supervisor for and MH counselors.
Certificates and Licenses:
Maintain active mental health license (LICSW, LMHC, LMFT) with the WA Department of Health. Must be an LICSW/LMHC/LMFT Approved Supervisor.
Maintain current CPR/Red Cross certification. Pass annual criminal history and exclusion checks and individual NPI number.